If you haven’t read my previous post on the health benefits of avocados than I totally suggest you do. You’ll be pleasantly surprised about how amazing this fruit is! Check it out here. Don’t wait any longer.
I have been asked by several people if I know any great avocado recipes and my response is YES! I absolutely love them and I eat nearly one a day. Because I don’t want to get bored, I’ve tried and discovered many new ways of enjoying avocados.
14 Simple and Delicious Avocado Recipes:
- Avocado, Tomato and Chickpea Salad with fresh coriander, olive oil, lime juice, garlic, chilli, salt and pepper
- Avocado and Lime Smoothie- made with cucumber, spinach, lime, avocado, stevia and ice
- Layered Avocado on toast/ wholemeal rice crackers, sprinkled with cracked pepper and sea salt, topped with freshly grown alfalfa sprouts.
- Mash chickpeas and avocado mixed with fresh spinach, garlic, tahini, parsley, salt and pepper wrapped in a rice-paper rolls.
- Creamy Avocado Dressing with avocado, olive oil, fresh parsley, garlic, lime, stevia, apple cider and water topped on any of your favourite salads. Taste especially amazing with asparagus, cherry tomatoes, kalamata olives and feta!
- Easy Avocado Pancake– 60g chopped avocado (about 3/4 of an avocado), 1/4 cup almond flour (or any flour you like will do, about 30g, even pea protein or vanilla vegan protein will work great), 14g chia seeds (or 1 egg (non-vegan) or 2 egg whites (low cal and low fat)), unsweetened vanilla almond milk or water, baking powder, stevia and cinnamon. Add 1/2 tsp. coconut oil to pan and cook! serve with Natvia (granulated stevia) on top (low cal and Low fat option), almond butter or even coconut butter!
- Avocado Chocolate Moose (serves 2 or 4)
200 calories with cocoa powder or 273 cal with melted chocolate
Calories count based on 2 serves
- 1 avocado
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1.5 tbsp. of granulated stevia (Natvia) or your choice of sweetener
- 2 tbsp. coconut cream lite
- 50g sugar free/dairy free melted chocolate (Sugarless Dark Chocolate With Stevia, you can get it here if you like) It’s what I use. *
* omit if you don’t have any chocolate available and replace with 20g cocoa powder! you may need to add a little extra sweetness…)
- melt the chocolate in the microwave or over a stove top gently (If you’re not sure how to do it, click here), before using it, wait till it has cooled
- Add all your ingredients into your food processor or high speed blend (like this one) and and blend until everything has nicely combined.
- Now serve and grate extra chocolate on top if you feel like being naughty 😛
- Avocado Chocolate Brownies
- Avocado, hummus, spinach, kale and extra virgin olive oil Salad
- Creamy Avocado Rice
- Salmon and Avocado Rice Balls
- Avocado and Lime buckwheat bread
- Fudgy Avocado Cake
poached egg with sliced avocado and diced tomato with herbs and olive oil
sweet avocdo smoothie