Put your hands up if you LOVE fudge!!!
I know you can’t see it, but I have two hands up. Why? because I absolutely love fudge.
It’s well known that fudge contains a shit load of sugar and for that reason I stopped eating it ages ago.
But since I stubbled across inspiration from “Protein Pow” an amazing website dedicated to protein powder recipes I have now found an amazing way to make sugar free chocolate fudge.
I have altered the original recipe to make it more healthier, and I hope you like this one too!
Sugar Free Chocolate Fudge Recipe:
(Sugar free, Gluten free, Low carb)
- 1/2 cup (60g)whey vanilla protein powder
- 1/2 cup (64g) Vanilla pea protein powder
- 1/4 cup (45g) coconut flour
- 1/4 cup (92g) Natural Smooth peanut butter
- 3/4 cup (192mls) unsweetened Vanilla Almond milk
- 1/2 cup (75g) SweetMe (granulated Erythritol and Stevia)
- 2 tbsp. (15g) Unsweetened Cocoa powder
- Mix all ingredients into a bowl to form a soft dough
- Press down mixture into a small brownie pan (grease with coconut oil first)
- Refrigerate for 2 hours or freeze for 45 minutes
- Once dough is firm, cut into 18 squares
Makes 18: Calories, 71, Fat 3g, Carbs 3g, Sugar .3g, Fibre 1.3g, Protein 7.8g
Keen to get a bit fancy? Try adding some of these additions to your fudge:
- Fresh dates
- Crushed almonds
- 70% chocolate (or unsweetened chocolate chip bites)
Don’t like Peanut butter? Try these substitutes:
- 1/4 cup almond butter
- 1/4 cup Sun Butter
- 1/4 cup Coconut butter
- 1/4 cup Avocado
- 1/4 cup Cashew Butter
- 1/4 cup ABC Butter (almonds, brazil nuts, cashews)
Don’t like using protein powder? Try these healthy Alternatives to both protein powders:
- 1 cup Coconut butter
- 1 cup Avocado puree
- 1/2 tsp. Xanthan Gum + 1 cup coconut cream
- 1/2 cup Coconut oil
- 1 cup mashed overripe banana (not sugar free)
- 1 cup Pumpkin Puree
- 1/2 cup Almond Meal
What’s your favourite Fudge Flavour?
Mine is definitely Caramel…mmm