So I’m completely new to this chocolate truffle trend…so i tried my first one the other day and it was pretty epic. It was like sweet chocolatey goodness.
I loved that this recipe is fudgy and satisfying because It makes it hard to eat more and more. My recipes usually require absolutely no sugar, but I’d thought to try something different, so instead I added some fresh plump dates and goji berries instead.
This recipe was really easy to make and it took no much time at al!
If you’re not a fan on protein powder, then this recipe will be great for you. But you can add protein if you prefer for a higher protein content and lower sugar version. Plus I have other high protein recipes for you to try as well.
No Bake Superfood Chocolate Truffles (Refined Sugar Free)
Makes 8 truffles
- 3 dates *
- 1 tbsp. goji berries *
- 1 organic can of cannellini beans (black beans are great too…I only had cannellini left)
- 2-3 tbsp. cocoa powder
- 1 heaped tsp. wheatgrass powder (6g)
- 7g Maca powder
- 1 tbsp. chia seeds (8g)
- 1 tbsp. Natvia Natural sweetener (add more if you like!)
- unsweetened shredded coconut (cover the truffle balls with them at the end :))
* for a completely sugar free options swap the goji berries and dates for a scoop of vanilla protein… When they are left in the fridge overnight, the taste even better!
- Add everything into the food processor and mix till you get a smooth consistency
- Have a taste at the end and see if it needs more cocoa powder or natvia
- Create your round truffle balls by using your palms
- Dip them in shredded coconut and cover them completely
- Serve on a plate or put in a tight sealed container in the fridge (lasts up to a week)